The cleaning of work outfits, as well as protective clothing, which are necessary for your profession, can be included in your tax return. If you wash your outfits on your own at home, it is sufficient to provide a cost estimate.
According to administrative estimates, a standard measure of 120 kg / year for the laundry of work outfits applies.
The laundry expenses of a one-person household are broken down as follows:
- for hot washing at 95°C 0,77 EUR / kg;
- for coloured washing at 60°C 0,76 EUR / kg;
- for easy-care washing at 30°C 0,88 EUR / kg;
- for tumble-drying 0,55 EUR / kg; and
- for ironing 0,07 EUR / kg.
Here you can deduct up to 250 EUR, depending on your profession, without receipts.
The sum-total of your expenditures can simply be entered under Work and Education Resources > Repair, Cleaning, and Maintenance Costs.